Favourite Sydenham Businesses of 2014, 2015, ...

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Eagle

Re: Favourite Sydenham Businesses of 2014, 2015, ...

Post by Eagle »

He is quite right.

I must have heard that saying hundreds of times , but remembering it at crucial times, I am afraid not
P1971

Post by P1971 »

Hi All

I've not really looked at this thread since I last posted but just had a quick look now.

Just a quick comment from me "Lets get back to the original post"

In my opinion this thread has seemed to go way off track with all sorts of opinions at many levels.

Sure we can set up a Favorite/New/Needed/Appreciated Sydenham Business and possibly add Kirkdale and Forest Hill via a local organisation or individual as Tim initially spoke about for FREE!

I trade and live in FH so not sure if my help is wanted or needed, but I'm happy to help out either way. I tend to ask companies like CoOp, Sainsburys etc to help with funding for local independant events etc which they always do.

Happy to help if needed just let me know

Pauline
missT

Post by missT »

Rachael wrote:Eagle - MissT and Mr T are not one and the same.

Probably good to have the context of your comment (when I thought was actually very funny) though, for those who haven't seen the other thread.
Correct Rachel...
I am The Co owner of eagles most favourite place in Sydnham : Inkwa Tattoos :lol:
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Sorry I confused you with somebody else Miss T.

I seem to have a problem with names, could be my age.
P1971

Post by P1971 »

Evening Tamar AKA Inkwa :wink:

Hope to see you and Rob soon :) Fellow trader X
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Tim reminds me , yes Centre News - lovely people , especially Pete when he's there.
Also , Sema's - not comfortable with the trendy / non-trendy construct - but its great cafe -I've had consistently good egg chips and bacon for about 18 years - always friendly and well cooked , and like Chef's Delight attract a wide mix of people .They seem to be particularly nice to older people who seem to get in there on a Sunday for a bit of a roast , and why not .

A very good afternoon
Nigel
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Completely agree about Centre news and that Peter is a very nice and friendly chap.
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

Finally visited On the Hoof today.

Just for a coffee and a chat. It was not busy at all but took around 20 minutes for our order to be taken.

Good coffee, I really liked the interior.

Service????
stuart

Post by stuart »

Joanne wrote:... took around 20 minutes for our order to be taken
No it didn't. I did check back. It was a smidge over 8 minutes as we were in no hurry. Which, considering it took us 90 minutes to pay the bill for two coffees was a fair deal. My first experience too. Loved the atmosphere. It was very relaxed. It's not meant to be a fast food (or drink) joint.

Worth a try.

Stuart