Over the border tomorrow

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Bovine Juice

Over the border tomorrow

Post by Bovine Juice »

Penge Day on the High Street

Plenty of craft stalls, food, music, dancing, etc
robbieduncan

Re: Over the border tomorrow

Post by robbieduncan »

Going to head round and see what's going on. Nice day for it right now
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Drove past it this morning - loads of work going on including a huge helter skelter ride - fingers crossed for the weather
A very good afternoon
Nigel
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

Maybe we missed the main section but pretty underwhelmed. The helterskelter is beside about 6 stalls. There is a cup ride and a tiny stage with, when we walked through, a small child "singing". No food stalls. Very constrained area. What this needs is a road closure and masses more stalls and interest.
Bovine Juice

Post by Bovine Juice »

There were 17 stalls in all, so you must have taken a wrong turning somewhere. There were also food tasting sessions with local eateries, though these had allotted times so you might have missed them. Lots of bands playing in Penge tonight at the Goldsmiths and BHT and during the day there was also an SE20 art exhibition at Kenilworth Hall.
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

Good to here there were more stalls. Tasting in local eateries doesn't really cut it. I still think a road closure and street food would make the event much better
Bovine Juice

Post by Bovine Juice »

The tasting wasn't IN the local eateries, it was next to the stage. It just involved them bringing platters along.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Late Knights were very visible - lots of people walking about with plastic glasses of ther beers - how amazing to think it was made less than a hundred yards from where it was being solved !
I wouldn't have bet on Penge having its own brewery 10 years ago but there it is .

A very good morning
Nigel
Bovine Juice

Post by Bovine Juice »

It was a great weekend for buying local beer in Penge: the brewery shop was open and Alexandra Nurseries had a pop-up yesterday. I bought 10 beers in all; 6 from LK (Penge), 2 from Gipsy Hill (er GH!) and 2 from Brick (Brixton).
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

BJ

Sounds good sorry I missed it.

Is Brick a new abbreviation for Upper Streatham ????
alywin

Post by alywin »

Bovine Juice wrote:There were 17 stalls in all, so you must have taken a wrong turning somewhere. There were also food tasting sessions with local eateries, though these had allotted times so you might have missed them. Lots of bands playing in Penge tonight at the Goldsmiths and BHT and during the day there was also an SE20 art exhibition at Kenilworth Hall.
Well, obviously *I* took a wrong turning on Saturday: I had to go to the library, so went down Green Lane (I have got the name right, haven't I? I tend to get it confused with Parish Lane), and had no idea that anything was happening until I went to friends later in the afternoon and heard about it. I find it distinctly worrying that I probably walked down the main part of the High Street most days last week on my way to work, and didn't spot any indications that anything would have been happening.
Bovine Juice

Post by Bovine Juice »

Hehe. Yes the library is on Green Lane. Parish Lane is where the Nurseries and Alex pub are.

The event was heavily advertised on social media but was probably less visible outside of that. Something that should improve next year as we now have banner placements on lamp posts that will be self funded through sponsorship to advertise future events.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Oh, social media. I don't do social media, which would explain why I wasn't aware of it.