Carpet fitter

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Andy Tough

Carpet fitter

Post by Andy Tough »

Can anyone put me in touch with a local carpet fitter?

We've just put a fireplace back into one of our bedrooms and need a carpet fitter with the right tools to come and make a good job of cutting the existing carpet to fit round the new hearth. Not a big job for someone who know what they're doing!

Thanks in advance

Andy
JRobinson

Re: Carpet fitter

Post by JRobinson »

There used to be a carpet/flooring shop on the high st, they would have recommended someone local, however it appears to have gone, looking at Streetview. Sydenham DIY shop might be able to recommend someone?
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

JRobinson wrote:There used to be a carpet/flooring shop on the high st, they would have recommended someone local, however it appears to have gone, looking at Streetview. Sydenham DIY shop might be able to recommend someone?
Still there: http://houseofcarpetsandcurtains.co.uk/

We've used them for carpets for 3 rooms and our stairs. Fitter has been good.
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

yes, house of carpets and curtains, next to CoOp Funeral care is still there, even though it nearly closed a couple of years ago. This in on the north side of Sydenham Road.
I remember there used to be a flooring shop on the southern side of the road, possible nearer the station than The Co-Op, because I went in there asking about threashold strips. Can't remember exactly which shop it was now... a quick look at google streetview, June 2008 shows it was at no.64, and was called M.D. Furnishers
(between The Staionery Box, and The Pharmacy - it's now Adamas Eastern European Food)

The curtain (and carpet) shop would have been my next suggestion.
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

There is a other flooring store on the other side of the road just past trewsbury road
pip

Post by pip »

That would be MW Flooring opposite the Carwash

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.42570 ... 56!6m1!1e1
Andy Tough

Post by Andy Tough »

Great - thanks to all for your responses!