How about...

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

How about...

Post by nork1 »

...a thread that doesn't mention The Dolphin or the Blue Mountain Cafe?
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Post by nork1 »

Hmmm... one mention for each so far... kind of killed that one already.
Last edited by nork1 on 16 Nov 2007 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
kster

Post by kster »

My vote for best new business on the high street goes to Cannon Golf (www.Cannongolf.co.uk) which has a golf simulator. You can play a round at St Andrews on a cold and wet November evening without leaving SE26. Far more interesting than a coffee shop or gastro pub.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Post subject: How about...
...a thread that doesn't mention The Dolphin or the Blue Mountain Cafe?
Good idea but it seems that the Dolphin and Blue Mountain are all that the good people of Sydenham want to talk about! :wink:

Kster has already recommended one local business on the high street, so I would just like to recommed another. The butcher right at the bottom of Sydenham Road, across the road from Home Park, really is good, and sells a wide variety of meat at competitive prices and has a nice old-fashioned feel to it.
jonekt

Post by jonekt »

I'd also like to recommend the Antique Furniture Shop (not sure what its called - might be "The Furniture Shop") opposite the Dolphin. Bought a second hand wooden coffee table from there last week and the owner was really helpful/ friendly and even gave it to us for a fiver less than the price.

The Curtain Shop too.. have bought all my curtains from there and the owner is so helpful, friendly and its a really enjoyable experience going in there. Chats away and really goes above and beyond to help.

Cannot recomend either of them enough!