Best Roast?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JMLF

Best Roast?

Post by JMLF »

Was wondering where people think is the best local Sunday Roast?!
I had a great one at on the hoof shortly after it opened and have heard good things but not tried the roast at the renovated Golden Lion and Dulwich Woodhouse.
Although in Forest Hill but still very near by, I went to The Hill on Sunday and had an absolutely delicious and massive roast with all the trimmings. It always seems to have great things on the menu and events but is never that busy for some reason whenever I've been in or past.

Anyways I digress - So where to for my next local roast?!
John J Rambo

Re: Best Roast?

Post by John J Rambo »

Enjoyed Sylvan Post when I went a few months ago.
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

I can vouch for the Woodhouse roast. Both quality and quantity: I have never known a plate piled quite so high.
(Their burgers are also excellent, for what it's worth)
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I agree The Hill does a great roast. For a special occasion or if you just fancy treating yourself, the Sunday lunch at the Perry Vale Bistro is amazingly good. But not cheap and not quick either. Many of the trimmings are cooked to order so it takes a bit longer. But a roast potato that is still crispy from being finished in the oven rather than chewy from sitting under a heat lamp is worth the wait for me. They do a whole roast chicken to share between two which is melt-in-the-mouth moist.
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

Without doubt the All Inn One, Perry Vale, Forest Hill for a traditional, reasonably priced roast. They are always packed on a Sunday, so you need to book.

On the Hoof no longer does Sunday roasts; except on special occasions such as Mother''s day. Have not tried the Perry Vale for a roast, although I am a great fan of the restaurant, as their Sunday lunches seem, from their menu, to be "special occasion " lunches - sharing whole chicken etc.