Rushey Green and some oddments

The History of Sydenham from Cippenham to present day. Links to photos especially welcome!
kennyb2

Rushey Green and some oddments

Post by kennyb2 »

Peter Pans pool, who remembers that? the little railway and a go on the boats was our Alton Towers back then, A walk back home to Upper Sydenham, and a stop at the Tigers Head, for Mum and Dad; me and my brother stuck outside with a glass of orange juice and an arrowroot biscuit.
spoilt rotten.
Don`t know why these are small size tho', suggest you click save as, and open with windows picture and fax viewer, works ok for me

Catford hippodrome music hall, I can just about remember being taken here, Billy Cottons bandshow.

I know this has probably been here before, but I alawys used to marvel at the cactus bed here, is it still there? All Lewisham Borough parks were showpiece in those days, and the borough always cared for them well.
Last edited by kennyb2 on 30 Nov 2007 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

Oh yeah, I remember when that 3rd one was on Ebay (Exchequer Place). The same seller also had a 2nd rare Rushey Green view being offered at the same time. I wish I'd paid more attention back then. Nevertheless I think Lewisham Library has both views, and the one above was published in a book, so I haven't lost out too badly.

I'm going to see if I can find that view of Sir George Grove's House (or similar), otherwise I think it's one I've not seen before.
kennyb2

Post by kennyb2 »

I can`t remember where I got that Sydenham oldest house from, probably ebay, I collected a random lot off ebay and others to show my Late Mum, to give her some memories, so no particular order in the set