Local security alarm company

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
GFA

Local security alarm company

Post by GFA »

Can anyone recommend an alarm company to either repair an existing system or replace it? (Not Home Security Services!!!)

Thanks
GFA
Mayowthorpe

Re: Local security alarm company

Post by Mayowthorpe »

We use Wickham Security in West Wickham

http://www.wickhamsecurity.co.uk
0208 777 8299

Our alarm includes 6 monthly maintenance visits, with the alarm linked directly to the police via a 24 hour monitoring service. This means that if the alarm is set off for any reason, the monitoring service first calls the home number and if no answer is given or if someone answers but does not know the password then the police are automatically sent out.

We have smoke alarms linked to the same system.

We have been very impressed with the service provided by Wickham security.
GFA

Re: Local security alarm company

Post by GFA »

Thanks for the recommendation Mayowthorpe. Ironically, I did get a quote from them a little while ago after running through my requirements but after leaving my property, they then sent me a quote advising me that they would not replace my current system for another wired one (because of issues with caused by another company) and provided me with a much more expensive quote for a wireless system! (They may well be right and I will get similar responses from other (hopefully) reputable companies but I wanted to check around and be sure).

If anyone has any other suggestions or can even advise of companies to avoid (!) please feel free to post!.

Thanks