Football

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
anosmicgirl

Football

Post by anosmicgirl »

Does anyone out there know how my 18 year old son can get involved in playing football. I cannot find any information about local groups. We live in Sydenham/Penge/Beckenham borders. Nearest park is Alexandra but he doesn't mind if he has to go a bit further.

Thanks
Dawn
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

A friend of mine plays for the Prince Alfred pub team on a Sunday with training on a Tuesday or Wednesday I do believe - I'll ask him if they are open to new players !! - I think its nothing too "professional" :wink:
Wing

Post by Wing »

Bovine Juice

Post by Bovine Juice »

He could try one of these clubs in the Tandridge League. My son plays in the under 12s and it's well organised. Wickham Wanderers are probably the nearest.
anosmicgirl

Post by anosmicgirl »

goonerchamp wrote:A friend of mine plays for the Prince Alfred pub team on a Sunday with training on a Tuesday or Wednesday I do believe - I'll ask him if they are open to new players !! - I think its nothing too "professional" :wink:
Thanks Goonerchamp. Where is the Prince Alfred?
Dawn
LisaB

Football Teams

Post by LisaB »

Hi Dawn,
The Prince Alfred is on the junction between Sydenham Road and Kent House Road in Sydenham.
Training is every Thursday evening, meeting at the pub at 8pm.

There are only a couple of games left this season and we cannot sign any more players on just yet.

We have a home game this Sunday, the 6th April at the old Cegas ground on Worsley Bridge Road. (that is the one behind the big hedge). It's at 10.30am. pop down and meet some of the boys if you are interested and talk to the Capatin Nicky and Manager Brian.

Hope this helps

Lisa