The Bridge Pool

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Ronski

The Bridge Pool

Post by Ronski »

Was thinking about trying to swim more, what's this place like, does anyone go there on a regular basis? Is it expensive/busy?

thanks
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

So I guess no one goes there? Doesn't sound too good then :D
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

Hi Ronski,

My daughter takes weekly swimming lessons there and she loves it. Personally I think it needs a good clean, it stinks and wouldn't feel comfortable swimming there.

Why don't you check it out - here's the timetable:

http://www.leisure-centre.com/downloads/bridge.PDF

If you go at the wrong time, both pools are used for lessons and you might be disappointed. They have been known to charge you to go swimming and yet when you get through to the pool, you'll find that you can't swim lengths as it's roped off for lessons.

It's very reasonable, however (£3-4). Take coins for lockers 20p or 50p I think.

I know many people who favour The Spa at Beckenham.....
dickp

Post by dickp »

you might not believe it, but the teaching pool is still open at the NSC (if you can find your way past the scaffolding). It's dirt cheap - £2.10 for non members - if rather warm. Most mornings, it'll be busy if 3 people are there.
Seb

Post by Seb »

I agree with mummycat with the fact that this swimming pool charges you and by the time you go into the water you realise that they give priority to school lessons! It has happened to me a few days and I no longer go!
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

thanks for the replies, sounds like I should just give it a go.

I went for a swim at a pool in Battersea early Sunday morning last year, the pool I can only descrbe as foggy/milky, didnt make much sense at the time but after I found out this because of all the kids taking a p*** in the pool. Hope it's not anything like that :wink:
Annie

Post by Annie »

:o

Have you tried the Spa in Beckenham?, although i don't use it for swimming, i know people who do and they keep going back so it can't be bad.
Giddysquid

Post by Giddysquid »

The Beckenham Spa is very good. It's a very well kitted out place and the pool has a lot of good light coming in. The facilities are really good and clean too and theres a training pool as well as the main one. The downside is that at £4.20, it is rather expensive although you can get a members card which gets discount off admission. I don't think it is possible to buy a pass for a month or a year though. :?