Covid Vaccine - Third Booster Jab

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
alywin

Re: Covid Vaccine - Third Booster Jab

Post by alywin »

syd wrote: 17 Dec 2021 15:12The gov dashboard states 124% 2k to 4k increase in cases in 7 days.

Has anyone noticed any increases or is this number overstated?
Well, when I last managed to get the interactive site to work we were still in dark blue - it's now magenta and dark burgundy (which technically means limitless), if that's what the colours are. And of course the data is from 5 days ago, so it may well be worse. I can't say I'm specifically aware of cases, but then I never have been, so there's no change there.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Hearing reports (some first hand) that at schools, for both pupils and staff, counts of absentees are very high.

I another thread we are seeing local Royal Mail management reporting high numbers of absentees too.

As always, first hand encounters are rarer - especially if you are observing any modicum of quarantine or isolation and thus we remain dependent upon official reports of numbers.

We can only trust these numbers are not being manipulated.
syd

Post by syd »

stuart wrote: 17 Dec 2021 17:15 Yes. I'm getting reports of local positive cases which supports this.

As for flu - if folks follow Chris Witty's advice rather than Boris then the greater social distancing will be even more effective in stopping flu than mitigating Omicron.

I had my flu jab at Kirkdale Touchwood back in October. It was both quiet and efficient. If you can find a pharmacy that is doing flu but not covid it should be low risk. As, I predict, the liklihood of a serious flu outbreak this winter.

Stuart
Thanks for the info and thats a good idea Ill try and find a flu pharmacy only or Ill try and get it at home.
syd

Post by syd »

alywin wrote: 18 Dec 2021 01:39
syd wrote: 17 Dec 2021 15:12The gov dashboard states 124% 2k to 4k increase in cases in 7 days.

Has anyone noticed any increases or is this number overstated?
Well, when I last managed to get the interactive site to work we were still in dark blue - it's now magenta and dark burgundy (which technically means limitless), if that's what the colours are. And of course the data is from 5 days ago, so it may well be worse. I can't say I'm specifically aware of cases, but then I never have been, so there's no change there.
This is where i got the info updated yesterday

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/search? ... e=SE26+5EW
syd

Post by syd »

JGD wrote: 18 Dec 2021 13:44 Hearing reports (some first hand) that at schools, for both pupils and staff, counts of absentees are very high.

I another thread we are seeing local Royal Mail management reporting high numbers of absentees too.

As always, first hand encounters are rarer - especially if you are observing any modicum of quarantine or isolation and thus we remain dependent upon official reports of numbers.

We can only trust these numbers are not being manipulated.
Post seems to be working though Im home working and sent a letter to myself to test 2nd class Wednesday and it arrived today
stuart

Post by stuart »

alywin wrote: 18 Dec 2021 01:28 Went for a booster at Sydenham Green yesterday - appointments only - so efficient that we barely saw anyone else there the whole time. In - get jabbed - out - and that's it. No waiting around for 15 minutes, or anything, unless you feel so inclined.
I was planning to take a relative for a walk-in jab Sunday at Philip Neri. Popped down Saturday for a reconnaissance to find big queues. They said Sydenham Green had 8 pods working and had few clients and were accepting walk-ins. Walked up and checked. They were right. Walked back to Neri and told the back of the queue. No one moved. Oh, how the Brits love queuing.

Anyway took relative down at 5:30 just before Syd Green closed as they are not open Sunday. Walk-in and out in minutes. Job done.

Stuart