Debit card found in Jews Walk

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stuart

Debit card found in Jews Walk

Post by stuart »

If you have lost a Barclays debit card and your surname starts with an 'M' it was found this morning in Jews Walk. You can contact me by private message.

I did try and phone Barclays lost/stolen card number but having to go through various menus and then trying to convince an extremely dumb computer of trying to report finding the card - it informed me I would have to wait "in excess of 20 minutes" to report it to a human. Time I don't have to spare. Appalling service and a gift enabling thieves time to do their worst while the victim is left hanging in the air ...

I've continued to find Barclays the very worst bank in a very competitive field.

Stuart
alywin

Re: Debit card found in Jews Walk

Post by alywin »

I couldn't agree more. I found a Barclays debit card elsewhere in the Borough some months ago - on a Saturday - and gave up after probably 1/4 of an hour on their phone line. I ended up taking it to the branch in Bromley, thinking I could put it through their letterbox at least, only to find that they didn't have one :(
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Re: Debit card found in Jews Walk

Post by JGD »

On the worst bank front - NatWest must score highly.

Found a brand new debit card not so long ago on the road on Perry Hill.

Used the contact number on the card to report the find.

Multiple dead-ends on automated menu - but after some time did speak to an agent after having punched in the card number.

Was greeted by name of the card-holder and then agent was not so concerned about my report.

Unhelpful in the extreme.