Tim Lund RIP

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stuart

Tim Lund RIP

Post by stuart »

A tweet from Lewisham West & Penge in Europe (@PengeWest)

It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our founder and former chair Tim Lund on June 19th. An indefatigable campaigner and supporter of the pro-Europe campaign movement, Tim was also very involved in local issues and his passion for gardening was well known by the Sydenham community. We will be missing him dearly and our thoughts go to his family.

Tim was a past chair of the Sydenham Society, member of the Labour Party, allotmenteer, historian, cyclist, mathematician, contributor to this forum and mastered basic Norwegian in his final year! Most of all he was a friend to me and a great friend to Sydenham.

Stuart

Posts: https://sydenham.org.uk/forum/search.ph ... 8&sr=posts
mikej

Re: Tim Lund RIP

Post by mikej »

Tim was a great guy and will be sadly missed.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

This is terrible news. It was only a few months ago that he was last in contact with me and we had a brief correspondence. I didn’t even know he was unwell. RIP Tim.
love-sydenham

Post by love-sydenham »

I am so very sorry to hear about this!!!!! It’s a very sad news….. I personally met Tim Lund when I first moved to the area helping him to organise making High street and the station approach a more greener spaces. He also very kindly helped me with the information about how to apply for an allotment, which I later got.
Thank you very much Tim, and RIP 😔🙏🏻