Overground to London Bridge?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
RJM

Overground to London Bridge?

Post by RJM »

Apparently TfL are looking into how they could extend the Overground to London Bridge as Southern have no plans to reinstate our 4 trains an hour. That would be a "yes please" from me if it went ahead!

Source: https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/articles/tf ... dge-66703/
stuart

Re: Overground to London Bridge?

Post by stuart »

I suppose anything is an improvement but it is, to me, a second/third class solution.

1. The comfort/capacity of those beautiful 8/10 car Electostars against the 5 car Overground.
2. The inability to connect to Southern's hub at East Croydon for disabled people or safely for those with heavy luggage because of the dangerous stairs at Norwood Junction. Why can't they open the Overground right hand doors to platform 2 as well as left hand to platform 1?

What is the problem of re-instating the 2 tph to East Croydon or Caterham? The signals have not changed.
RJM

Re: Overground to London Bridge?

Post by RJM »

Agreed, my preference would definitely be the reinstatement of a 4 trains ph service, with two of those being the Caterham train. But as someone who commutes to London Bridge, I'll take what I can get at this stage.