Charity shops

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
natbeuk

Charity shops

Post by natbeuk »

I've got 2 big bin bags stuffed full of clothes, shoes, etc, which I'm getting rid of. Some of it might be rubbish but a lot of it is definitely in good condition and re-sellable. Can anyone recommend a local charity shop who would be likely to want to take this? I know not all shops take any old donations, especially in large quantities which might take some sorting through.
DanW

Post by DanW »

I'm sure St Christopher's Hospice would be interested. They have several charity shops, one of which is next to Kirkdale Bookshop.
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

Thanks Dan, I'll give them a try.
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

ALDlife are the only ones I know in Sydenham who are grateful for electrical goods.

St. Christophers' Hospice can collect if you ring them, they'll arrange a date and morning/afternoon. I've just cleared half a room this morning!
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

None of mine is electrical, it's all very girly stuff like clothes, shoes, handbags...

Sounds like St Christophers are definitely the people for me to try. Cheers mummycat :)
sophie

Post by sophie »

I go to Cancer Research and St Christopher's Hospice shop most often with my stuff but have also been to the one next to the Mercedes garage place but I forget the name off hand. Is the Aldlife one an official charity?
sophie

Post by sophie »

Just looked up Aldlife and hadn't heard of it before. Will make a point of taking some stuff there as well now.
floom

Post by floom »

Yes, don't just heave all your old stuff into the dustbin. Whatever is sellable, give it to a charity shop.

Not only will you be helping a good cause, but you'll also be recycling.