Picture Framing

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
robotfish

Picture Framing

Post by robotfish »

I wonder if someone could point me in the direction of a decent picture framer around this area? (Sydenham/Penge/Beckenham/Norwood/CP/Anerley/Bromley would all be fine).

I have a lovely poster of Elvis Costello's My Aim Is True cover which needs a frame. Or mounted & varnished (my wife's suggestion).
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

We take all our prints up to the picture frames at crystal palace - on Westow Street, near the Greek Orthodox church. We've been pleased with the service.
Picture framing isn't cheap though - don't be surprised if its more than you thought. We have quite a few things need framing but can't afford it right now. I find that if you take three or four items at once you can get a discount. And if you are a member of the police family they'll give you ten percent discount. Take your warrant card.
robotfish

Post by robotfish »

Thanks for that.

I'll borrow my son's policeman helmet and bluff it out.
DanW

Post by DanW »

Savvy wrote:We take all our prints up to the picture frames at crystal palace - on Westow Street, near the Greek Orthodox church. We've been pleased with the service.
I've also used the place on Westow St and was very pleased with their work.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Savvy wrote: And if you are a member of the police family they'll give you ten percent discount. Take your warrant card.
only police officers have warrant cards....the rest of the extended police family don't.... :wink:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ ... article.do

- you're not going to get caught out are you savvy? :P
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

The link took me to the front page of the ES and not a particular article but I know what you are alluding to and Certainly Not is the answer because I Certainly would Not try it.

I should have said 'take your warrant card or other ID'.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Savvy wrote:The link took me to the front page of the ES and not a particular article but I know what you are alluding to and Certainly Not is the answer because I Certainly would Not try it.

I should have said 'take your warrant card or other ID'.
I was being facetious savvy :wink: the incident(s) I was referring to were pretty despicable - I wouldn't really wish to imply that you were dishonest.
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

Some people are so silly. Where are these people's BRAINS ?? I can't imagine why someone would jepordise so much for the sake of bunking a train fare. There's nowt so queer as folk.
I do think they are in the minority though.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Savvy wrote:Some people are so silly. Where are these people's BRAINS ?? I can't imagine why someone would jepordise so much for the sake of bunking a train fare. There's nowt so queer as folk.
I do think they are in the minority though.
on a related note I was chatting to a police officer and the subject of bribes came up.....something along the lines of "everyone has their price" (not my philosophy!) and he turned around and said, well, my price can't be any less than the ten years worth of service that I have left at £40,000 a year, plus benefits worth maybe £3000 a year, plus my pension of £30,000 for, I hope at least, another 20 years...... so its just not worth being bunged £50 to turn a blind eye to that traffic ticket is it?
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

My best friend's little sister is a cop and what she has, and what I've noticed in other police officers I've met, is an extremely strong sense of justice - I remember when she was aged seven and we were 11 and she wanted to play with us and we didn't want her to - her sister, my friend shoved her into the hallway of the house and leaned on the door so she couldn't get out. Well !! My Lord, that child screamed, and kicked and kicked and would NOT stop until we let her out. She would have put a hole in the door had we not opened it. She knew we were being unfair and she was not going to let us get away with it or give in.
A chap I talked to through a friend told me that he decided to be a police officer when he was at school - he said there was a disabled kid in their class - quite serverly pyisically disabled and that one day another kid had pulled a chair out from him. This bloke said that he was so insensed by the injustice of it he dragged the chair puller down two flights of stairs and, er... bascially kicked his head in.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

its not just a sense of justice that makes a good cop.....its enjoying a good chin-wag and a healthy dose of nosiness too :P

Dare I say it? - thats why a lot of the best response officers are women .... :P
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

... and interogators too!
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Savvy wrote:... and interogators too!
yes, some of the most brutal interogators for the gestapo were women...

seeing the sadistic glint in my girlfriend's eye on occassion makes me belive that too.....

(and no, thats not sadistic in a good, kinky, kind of way :roll: )