Virgin Media

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
lambchops

Virgin Media

Post by lambchops »

Experiencing broadband dropouts?

Apparently Virgin are upgrading the hardware so that the 20MB service can be offered properly. At the moment everyone who has subscribed for this is trying to pull down 20MB speeds over hardware designed for only 10MB.

This is what I've been told.

Anyway, they reckon that disruption to the service will last until the 20th of November when the upgrade is due to be completed.

I rang up billing and told them that I don't think I should be paying for a service I'm not getting and they were more than happy to credit me £20 for the month.

How good is that? The other two ISP's I have had dealings with were a pain in the arse, but Virgin have got my thumbs up so far.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

we'va had massive problems with our BT line for a few weeks....with intermittant service. They were more than happy to refund us part of the month's subscription :)
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

maybe it's general work on the exchanges or something.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Bensonby
I have had major problems last few weeks with BT but assumed my computer.
Have they acknowledged problems and who did you complain to please ?
Bovine Juice

Post by Bovine Juice »

I've been having problems with Virgin Media dropouts for about 6 weeks. I replaced the modem and had an engineer around once with no notable improvement. As usual a garbled discussion with someone in India hardly rectified the problem but did get me a mighty £4 reduction in my bill.... which is more of an insult than anything especially as I ended up missing the football match I wanted to watch as a result...