Poker in Sydenham

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
JRobinson

Poker in Sydenham

Post by JRobinson »

hey folks

does anyone know where I can play poker (maybe in a pub?) in or near Sydenham?

I used to play in the Champions Pub Poker League, in The Marigold on Bermondsey St, SE1 - just off Tower Bridge Road, but have moved out of that area now, and it's not close enough to London Bridge to still go there, and get a (very) late train home.

any ideas?

Thanks.
SydenhamHillAndy

Post by SydenhamHillAndy »

Monday night in the Oakhill Tavern in Beckenham. Be there before 8 to be sure to get a game.

Usually 10 to 15 people. £5 buy in tournament. Occasionally there is a loser's table.

If you come along please say hello. I'm the one with the beard!
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

well I'll have to think about that. Monday night is ok, but I might be going to The Hobgoblin at New Cross (Gate?) - as it's the same league I was in before, and easy to get a train back.

might see you, if not, thanks for the info anyway.
SydenhamHillAndy

Post by SydenhamHillAndy »

Apparently there is a poker club in Croydon on the Purley Way. You need to join the day before but it does tournaments etc.

Seems an odd place for one but I am assured it is actually quite nice.
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

I think they do poker at The Dulwich Woodhouse.
DanW

Post by DanW »

The Foresters / All Inn One on Perry Vale SE23 have a poker night, think it's on Mondays. Their website is a couple of week out of date with what's happening there, but I'm sure Richard or Julia will give you an update if you contact them: http://www.allinnone.org.uk/
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

I contacted All Inn One (it's very near to where I am currently), and might be there next Monday, too many choices!
Thanks all.
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

I played poker at All Inn One on Monday night, only 5 of us, and I came second. I noticed that The Hob in FH also has a poker night on Tuesday's but that's when I play badminton.