I need a cleaner

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
soulfood

I need a cleaner

Post by soulfood »

Me and Mrs Soulfood need to get a cleaner for our house which is rapidly descending into a hovel. We'd DIY it but life's very busy at the moment. We used to have Merry Maids of Lewisham visit once a fortnight but they've put their prices up, and are now out of reach.

Does anyone know of someone who'd be interested in a day's cleaning and ironing once a fortnight? Or perhaps someone can recommend a local firm?

Most grateful.
Big Ben

Post by Big Ben »

Hi Soulfood
Whereabouts do you live? I have a brilliant cleaner but she's not keen on travelling too far...
soulfood

Post by soulfood »

Sunnydene Street. not far from Mayow Park.
Big Ben

Post by Big Ben »

Sorry for getting your hopes up - turns out she is too busy!
c

Post by c »

Don't know what Merry Maids charge these days. Think we used to use Merry Maids or Molly Maid (forget which) Brixton years ago, but not for long, as had a bad experience with them.

Have you tried Selclene (8698 6953)? probably not any cheaper, as it's £9.15/hr (£6 direct to cleaner, rest to agency). They've been around for years.

website www.selclenesoutheast.co.uk

If you find anyone else reliable and cheaper, I'd be interested, if they want any further work! :D