Lost bank card SE26 Kirkdale/Willow Way/Dartmouth Rd

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
AroundOurWayNow

Lost bank card SE26 Kirkdale/Willow Way/Dartmouth Rd

Post by AroundOurWayNow »

Has anyone possibly seen my red and white Abbey cash card. This works my Santander account, but I've had it for a while and it stillsays 'Abbey' on the card. I used it this morning around 11am in the ATM outside Tesco express. I may have left the card poking out of the ATM machine or perhaps dropped it inside Tesco or between Tesco and Costcutters. I went down Dartmouth Road and into Sydenham Park Road. I have looked far and wide and spoken to shopkeepers and pubs along the way Did anyone see it? Please contact if you did.
The Eagle

Re: Lost bank card SE26 Kirkdale/Willow Way/Dartmouth Rd

Post by The Eagle »

If you give me your pin number I will see if this is the one :roll: :roll:

On a serious note if you have lost it (even if it is handed in) advise your bank immediately.
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

I've seen this kind of thing on other forums and it never ceases to amaze me how much misplaced faith is put on the internet. AroundOurWayNow, call me a cynic, but like with any other replacable items such as sunglasses, stuffed toys and umbrellas, you'll more than likely never see your bank card again. And if someone has seen your bank card, they'll have briefly registered its existence, wondered at the likelihood of gaining access to your account and then moved on.

When you next loose your bank card (which you will), instead of holding out in the vain hope that a fellow forum user has encountered you wandering withdrawl card, cancel it and order a new one. Don't come online expecting a miracle.

If on the other hand you are reunited with you cash card, I'll be truly astonished.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

If you had left it in the ATM, then this would 'swallow' it and it would be destroyed by the people servicing the bank machine (who should also inform your bank). If you think you may have dropped it then ring and cancel it immediately (which to be on the safe side, you should do so anyway).