HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYDENHAM LIBRARY

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
leenewham

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYDENHAM LIBRARY

Post by leenewham »

Sydenham library is 106 years old today.

It has served the community through the collapse of the British Empire, Lenin, WW1, the invention of the tank, the Model T Ford, the rise of Hitler, The fire at the Reichstag, the fire at the Crystal Palace, the Wall Street Crash, the Great Depression, the BBC, Penicillin, WW2, the v1 and v2 bombers that destroyed everything surrounding it, the development of the nuclear bomb, the rocket engine...read the rest at:

http://sydenhamlibrary.wordpress.com/20 ... old-today/
bigbadwolf

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYDENHAM LIBRARY

Post by bigbadwolf »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news; but you might have to start making funeral arrangements, Lee.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Why BBW?

If you have insider info please share it.

The campaign handed over 3700 signatures last night to the Mayor. Read more here:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/84128 ... es/?ref=eb

I think the library may say "Rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated" BBW. But feel free to huff and puff away...

;-)
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

Oh, I don't have any inside information, Lee. I was just being facetious, as usual.
louisecbrooks

Post by louisecbrooks »

Hello all - in case you missed the bit about the tea party in Lee's message here it is:

We have decided to celebrate the library's 106th birthday tomorrow at 11am with a tea party outside the library. Come along with the family, bring cake and tea and party hats. There will be some games for the little ones. Please come out in your numbers for a bit of Saturday fun with the main aim of SAVING OUR LIBRARY!

PLEASE, PLEASE COME ALONG AND INVITE ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBOURS. Lets make this the best tea party Sydenham has seen!
tulip1

Post by tulip1 »

Thank you to all of you who are working tirelessly to save our local and precious asset.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYDENHAM LIBRARY!