Best South London Cafes

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
squig

Best South London Cafes

Post by squig »

Hi,

South London Cafe Concert Tour... Which ones should I absolutely not miss?

Which is your favourite S London Cafe?
thank you!

Alex
Voyageur

Re: Best South London Cafes

Post by Voyageur »

BlueBelle Cafe, Maple Rd, Penge - beyond sublime.

Beautifully cooked meals, including the best breakfast menu in SE London. Last time I had a big, fluffy omelette with kidney beans, fresh wilted coriander, fresh chillis and cheddar cheese.
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

the wife and I are quite impressed with (if I recall the name correctly) Chef's Delight - on sydenham road, opposite the post office.

[ETA] - where we used to live (still in South East, but SE1) 'Best of Bermondsey' recomended by anyone who went there, on Grange Road.
thepaddyotoole

Post by thepaddyotoole »

BlueBelle Cafe, Maple Rd, Penge - beyond sublime.

Beautifully cooked meals, including the best breakfast menu in SE London. Last time I had a big, fluffy omelette with kidney beans, fresh wilted coriander, fresh chillis and cheddar cheese
this is just down the road from me. did not know it was there and will def check it out as had been looking for a place that does really good breakfasts. thanks.
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

Marias, which used to be in Park Street, next to Borough Market, and is now in the market itself, takes some beating - even if its just for the Bubble and Squeak.

Closer to home, I've never had a problem with Hilltop Cafe, for a fry up and cup of splosh.
Hill Dweller

Post by Hill Dweller »

Brunch at that little place adjacent to Ladywell Stn was brilliant till a month or so ago.

The owners decided they needed cheaper 'kitchen staff'. It's now a Don't Bother.
hazy

Post by hazy »

The Big Breakfast in Forest Hill - food is proper home cooked & huge portions &, best of all, it's licenced!
Hazy
thepaddyotoole

Post by thepaddyotoole »

well i sauntered down to maple road this morning, hungover and ready for the brunch of my life, only to discover that bluebelle cafe is apparently closed on sundays! ffs.