Oola Boola Antiques

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
fishcox

Oola Boola Antiques

Post by fishcox »

Anyone remember the place? - I know it wasnt that long ago.

I never went in there, as they never seemed too inviting, whenever I was passing.

Was it any good?
ALIB

Re: Oola Boola Antiques

Post by ALIB »

Twas on the corner of Willow Way and Kirkdale ?
Looked a bit like a busy warehouse.
There was a more inviting place a few doors up, next to Wooster and Stock (or maybe it actually was Wooster and Stock)

Both now gone
jotbot

Post by jotbot »

I never went in there either but it is now the tesco's we still have lovely Ray at Behind the Boxes for all things bonkers and deco.
marymck

Post by marymck »

I used to go in there quite regularly, but there were no prices displayed and if I asked about the price of anything the proprietor would literally look me up and down as if assessing my bank balance, before giving a price. I obviously must have looked more wealthy than I actually was, as I could never afford to actually buy anything.

There was however a truly beautiful wrought iron Victorian garden bench that I had my eye on. Too expensive by far for me (though now I wish I had pushed the boat out). I don't know what happened to the stock when the place closed up ... they certainly never reduced their prices ... the bench remained out of my reach and then, suddenly, they were gone.