Hand bag snatch @ Newlands Park

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
GemStone

WOTCHA

Post by GemStone »

Footloose wrote:I have not laid into the police. I realise, now, you clearly are a Police Officer and seek to defend your beleaguered service on here. I simply stated some facts as I had witnessed them. I did so without comment.
I RECKON YOU ARE KNIGHTON????? WAS KNIGHTON NOT BANNED FROM S.T.F. FOR MAKING INAPPROPRIATE REMARKS?????

IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH THE POLICE, WHY DON'T YOU CONTACT THE DIRECTORATE OF PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS?????

I HAVE NO AUTHORITY ON HERE WHATSOEVER, BUT I REALLY DO NOT THINK THIS FORUM IS THE CORRECT PLACE TO ADDRESS SUCH ISSUES.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Footloose wrote:I realise, now, you clearly are a Police Officer and seek to defend your beleaguered service on here.
I don't think you have any evidence for that. You should not make statements about fellow posters that are untrue. I'm not a policeman either but if your statements here are anything to go by I am not surprised at their response.

Your postings are in the same style and similar content of someone who could not keep to the posting guidelines. If you are not that person it would be advisable to convince us by keeping both to the letter and the spirit of the Forum guidelines.

Admin
Footloose

Post by Footloose »

my post was in response to an attack on me by another poster. You have reproduced it out of context and without the accompanying text. It was made very clear, by suggestion, in the post to which I responded the nature of the poster concerned. If the poster did not mean to imply that then perhaps that person should re-examine their own choice of words. I made no statement about another poster. I responded to that poster's own inference and included an oblique reference to it.

I have no idea who this other poster you refer to is. However it is an old trick on forums such as this, when bereft of ideas or argument, to try to malign a poster by accusing them of being someone else.

No doubt I am not the only resident of Sydenham to have had similar experiences. Therefore it is highly likely two or more people may post a similar comment.

Meanwhile I posted a reasoned and balanced point. The content is entirely true. Is it now taboo to criticise incompetent public servants?

I came onto this forum to ask a specific question. I then decided to remain and join in the debate. It seems debate is not welcome.
leaf

Post by leaf »

footloose[?]

you said;

I have no idea who this other poster you refer to is. However it is an old trick on forums such as this, when bereft of ideas or argument, to try to malign a poster by accusing them of being someone else.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
which is exactly what knighton did to me when he accused me of being annie on the wells park thread.

funny that!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

leaf wrote:which is exactly what knighton did to me when he accused me of being annie on the wells park thread.
Footloose suggested I was Gemstone so even he must admit to curious similarities if not a little hypocrisy.

Sadly because Footloose was unwilling to operate within the Forum rules & Admin guidelines I have suspended his account. As I made clear on the earlier incident I have no wish to restrict open discussion by anyone on Sydenham - quite the contrary. If Footloose or the other poster wants to set up a webpage or even a Forum to promote their views I am very willing to put a helpful link from SydTown.

I trust that will obviate their need to re-register again under another identity.

I have closed this thread. If anyone really wishes to discuss the matter further they may PM me or start a thread in the Asylum section.

Admin