NO TRAINS SUNDAY 19th FEB

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
admin
Site Admin

NO TRAINS SUNDAY 19th FEB

Post by admin »

Yep, yet again Sydenham Station is relieved of the burden of offering a train service this Sunday - Southern or Overground.

This is getting beyond a joke. The downtime for Sunday services over the past year or so is appalling - i'd guess its around 30/40%. No reason and not much notice is given. What's the problem?

Admin
bensonby

Re: NO TRAINS SUNDAY 19th FEB

Post by bensonby »

presumably they give a corresponding refund to those with season tickets? - i.e. those who have paid for 7 days travel but are only getting 6....

no? Though not.
pip

Post by pip »

Bensonby, Probably not as a bus replacement service of some kind is provided so I would think they have covered themselves.
davegr

Post by davegr »

If you are lucky enough to make it into Central London, half the tube system always seems to be down at weekends. A world class capital city should work better than this.

I'm living in hope that all this work might calm down once the olympics is over. :lol:
michael

Post by michael »

I'm not sure about 'once the olympics is over'. From April no engineering work is allowed in London (possibly all of Britain) in preparation for the Olympics. But once the Olympics are over expect even more disruption for a while as there are lots of projects (ELL, Thameslink, Crossrail) that are being put on hold for the duration.