L&Q mass housing repairs

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
orgone

L&Q mass housing repairs

Post by orgone »

Slightly surprised this hasn't yet come up in the fora. We're leaseholders and are getting our place's exterior refurbished as part of the L&Q stock transfer. Does anyone who's already been through the process have any experiences to relate?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
gillyjp

Re: L&Q mass housing repairs

Post by gillyjp »

Not being L & Q tenants, we were not part of the repairs programme but we have L & Q properties either side of us and I came home one day earlier on in the programme to find that the scaffolders had put a pole through my living room window and a huge pile of broken glass in the room. Of course, not so much as an apology.

This has been going on for some time and I noticed that the scaffolding has now been removed on one side of Peak Hill Gardens and it is less like living on a building site now thank god. However I cant see much work going on on the other side. I just hope that the front walls are going to be repaired and painted otherwise the whole look will be spoiled and incomplete.

Can't wait for the scaffolding to be taken down and I do hope they will be a bit more careful when doing so.
dickp

Post by dickp »

They did a good job at my block. I am happy with the result.

They did however, try to charge us for the work, not knowing that the former landlord had a sinking fund in place to pay for such things. A brusk fax from me, with seven years work of sinking fund invoices, caused them to quickly back down. We got the work done for free.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
KM

Post by KM »

Is L&Q transferring all it's properties? If so, who to?
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

KM wrote:Is L&Q transferring all it's properties? If so, who to?
No it was a Lewisham Homes stock transfer to L&Q, which took place 12th October 2010.