2 teenagers last Friday night

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
I hammer

2 teenagers last Friday night

Post by I hammer »

I know this is a little late, as this happened on Fri night.

I was waiting at a bus-stop on Lawrie Park Road - (at the Penge end)...and 2 teenagers who had just walked away from the same stop, saw me, and turned back towards me.

One of them was holding a branch (presumably fallen due to recent bad weather).

Luckily I sussed their intent, and walked straight passed them, but they followed, and were deliberately trying to intimidate me...it resulted in one of them standing on the lawn of the 'racecourse' flats and shouting expletives at me.

Did anyone else notice 2 yoofs hanging around on Lawrie Park Rd on Fri evening looking for trouble??
Eagle

Re: 2 teenagers last Friday night

Post by Eagle »

You seem to be saying these strangers were intent in hitting you with their branch for no reason at all.
I do feel this is a nasty and strange incident. LPR has always been renown as being in the more upmarket part of Sydenham , even Penge end.
Not sure what was going through their mind and lucky you were not hurt. This would be a classic case for the guilty criminals to be put in the stocks at The Crooked Billet
sydeman

Post by sydeman »

If you felt intimidated, you should speak to the police or even just the neighbourhood police. That way they can keep an eye on things
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

I hammer wrote:I know this is a little late, as this happened on Fri night.

I was waiting at a bus-stop on Lawrie Park Road - (at the Penge end)...and 2 teenagers who had just walked away from the same stop, saw me, and turned back towards me.

One of them was holding a branch (presumably fallen due to recent bad weather).

Luckily I sussed their intent, and walked straight passed them, but they followed, and were deliberately trying to intimidate me...it resulted in one of them standing on the lawn of the 'racecourse' flats and shouting expletives at me.
Did anyone else notice 2 yoofs hanging around on Lawrie Park Rd on Fri evening looking for trouble??
Please report it to this police, you probably got off lucky,next time they might be braver.I am sorry you had to suffer this.shame there are idiots out there who want to spoil peoples lives.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I agree. Report it to the police. These youths may have been up to other things and it might help the police if your description matches others. In general, it's a good idea to report these things straight away. The police can (and will) come round in an unmarked car and do a drive round to see if they can find them.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
14BradfordRoad

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

Just goes to show that you need your wits about you where ever you are.
These two need to learn that intimidation does not go without consequence!

Agree that the Police need to know about this..