What happened to the Sydenham Road exhibition?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
admin
Site Admin

What happened to the Sydenham Road exhibition?

Post by admin »

Having sorted the server I thought I ought to go and get some photos of the promised Consultation Exhibition today to put on the website.

But I couldn't find it and no one I asked knew about it. Its a bit embarrassing that we took time and effort to promote the event. Oh and the promised leaflets have not arrived here either. At the Regeneration meeting Thursday it was said that these efforts would mean almost everybody in Sydenham would know and hence be able to contribute. Not so far....

It seems only Geraldine aka Kirkdale Bookshop was promoting it this afternoon.

Grumpily yours (see what happens without sleep!)

Admin
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

The exhibition was in Sydenham Road outside the Post Office from 11 am till 3 pm, manned in deerstalker hat by Ian Plowright, as advised by him last Thursday.

I dont know how you missed it, Admin. I stopped to speak to him at 10 45 as he was setting it up and again at 1.30 when his Sydenham Road map was being covered in post-its with comments on suggested improvements to the high street.

We were told that the questionnaire would be dropped through 5000 local residences within 5 minutes walk of the high street. I certainly got one through my letterbox and know of others who also received one through theirs.

It maybe that you were deemed just outside the area and you could take that up with Lewisham. We were also told that copies of the questionnaire would be available at the bookshop and at the Library so that all who wanted to could take part.

This is an amazing opportunity for better pedestrian access to our high streets and could end up with improved crossings and wider pavements and removal of THAT roundabout.

Hope you slept well and feel a little less grumpy this morning! Please cheer up and get behind the consultation exercise
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

Further to the above - I note that by starting this new thread the Forum has lost yetsrerday's important post by Chris Best about the Sydenham Road Audit, it's process and about leaflet delivery. Could you please amalgamate somehow?

Thanks
kster

Post by kster »

I too tried to find the exhibition, but failed. Despite living in Girton Road (which is directly off Sydenham Road) I haven't recieve any information or questonnaire. Given that I didn't have any info to tell me when it was, I set off just after 10 to find it, so I must have been a little early.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Pat Trembath wrote:The exhibition was in Sydenham Road outside the Post Office from 11 am till 3 pm, manned in deerstalker hat by Ian Plowright, as advised by him last Thursday.
My briefing from IP was Saturday 9th December which is what we publicised. No mention of times so I assumed 9-5 and he did not mention the shortened times to me when we spoke Thursday about the details. Hence I was not making a note on that when he spoke at the meeting. Otherwise I would not have been wondering around looking at 4pm. Surely an extended lunchtime event is only going to find 50% of the people who frequent the high street on a Saturday? Most other exhibitions I can recall in the area has been for a full day.

But I must apologise - we have received a leaflet. My senior management team put it in a secure place for me. So secure she didn't tell me!

Admin

PS Re the CB post. The last backup I was planning to restore to the new server was corrupt so I had to resort to the earlier one which just caught leaf's 00:30 post. Did CB sneak in shortly after while I wasn't looking? Or could it be this one posted earlier in the evening: http://forum.sydenham.org.uk/viewtopic. ... 0&start=40?