5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

In order that i can balance the books with regard to people who are owed money, can i suggest the following:

1. Provide contact details so i can forward you the cash.

or

2. Keep the money in the pot for another game

or

3. Let me leave the money with Biscuitman1978 who can distribute accordingly at the next match,

PM me and let me know
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Ali, if you are really not going to be playing anymore (I reckon we can persuade you) then go ahead and pass on the funds to Rich, it will be a logistical nightmare trying to repay people based on how many games they have played etc so I think it's best to keep hold of it for future matches.

Unfortunately I can probably play only once every fortnight or so but I am still interested. I could not play this Weds but I am available for next Weds (Sep 23rd) then cannot play the following week but can play on on Oct 7th.

Cheers Dickie
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

I will still be able to play fairly regularly, but I have a lot of work on at the moment and find the emailing/posting/booking a bit of a distraction.

I'll pass the spreadsheet and monies to Rich for when the next match takes place.
I just don't want people to think I have bv gg ered off with their money.

The lack of response to Rich's suggestion for playing tomorrow (hence being cancelled) is a trifle concerning.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Apologies for the lack of response from Joe P and me. We’ve both been at a festival for the last 5 days and had no access to t’internet.

I couldn’t play this Wednesday anyway as I will be leaving for 10 days in the States - so won’t be able to play next week either. But definitely available for the 30th and beyond.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

I was just about to post to say that I can't make it tonight as I've got the lurgy unfortunately but seems like it's match abandoned anyway...
I'm up for next week and will bring the usual (minimum) plus 2.
I think we need a better way to organise or co-ordinate this or it's going to remain a bit haphazard - although I'm struggling to suggest a workable solution. I think we probably need to agree that if there aren't enough confirmed players by a Sunday or Monday (however late we can leave it) then we don't book, so at least we're all sure when to let everyone else know by.
Marathon and I are up for this every week - aside from the occasional bout of pig flu or holidays. Sounds like Biscuitman is too. Trickster can be relied on every fortnight.
We just need to know who else can give a solid commitment...
biscuitman1978

Football: 23 September 2009

Post by biscuitman1978 »

In my eight week stint as 'manager', I'm taking a very simple approach. If enough people (eight) have confirmed by 12pm on the Monday prior to the match it's on; if not, it's off.

Confirmed so far for 23 Sept are:
- Trickster
- Joe P (plus 2)
- me (but only if people don't mind playing at 8:30pm for one week only)

Any more?
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Sweet. Okay, I'm a definite plus 3; working on another two. 8.30 should be fine.
Anyone know if Dave is okay ?
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

Am avaialable for 23rd
Donny

Post by Donny »

I'm in for the 23rd (and every week bar the odd biz trip) and happy with 8.30pm
sydenhamboy

Post by sydenhamboy »

yep put my name down. happy to make up the numbers. where and what time do you play ?

SB
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Making up the numbers? You're going straight into the team as star striker!

The match/kickabout is on 23 Sept at, for one week only, 8:30pm.

We play at Goals Beckenham North, Copers Cope Road, BR3 1NZ - see
www.goalsfootball.co.uk/CentreDetails.aspx?BranchId=48 for a map.

Meet on the steps just outside at about 8:20pm.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Well done Biscuitman1978

I would like to also add that the cost is £6 per player. Monies are payable prior to the game to the chap in the Reading shirt.
Having the right money/change is really helpful, and definitely no £20 notes please.

He will also distribute the cash in the kitty to players owed money from the last match. This has left the balance at £0 as we continue under a new manager.

** I am unable to make the 23rd, but can Rich PM me his address again so i can drop the kitty money round to him?

*** Can I also add that the price of a pitch has gone up from £58.90 to £63. Therefore the cost per player needs to be tweaked, else going into administration ( and having a 10 point deduction) would be a real possibility :D

£6,50 would seem reasonable.

(incidentally, Biscuitman's new facial hair brought back memories of 'bearded Action Man)
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Okay, am now +4. Most likely +5 by the time Wednesday rolls around. Looks like a full-house ! : )
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Rich,

8:30pm this Weds is fine, see you there,

Trickster
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

So, confirmed for Wednesday:
- Trickster
- Jo P plus 4 or 5
- Biscuitman1978
- Diamondmaker
- Donny
- Sydenham Boy

I make that ten or eleven.

Pitch is booked for 8:30pm. See you all at 8:20pm on the steps at the entrance to the Goals centre (Copers Cope Road, BR3 1NZ - see
www.goalsfootball.co.uk/CentreDetails.aspx?BranchId=48 for a map).

Match fee is £6.50 per person. Correct change appreciated!
Donny

Post by Donny »

I recieved a promo flyer from goals - if you book online you get an extra day to book (i.e book on Tuesday for a game on weds) and you pay the previous rate of £58.90 - just a thought. See you tomorrow
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Cheers, Donny. I tried to book online to get the reduced rate, but the website crashed repeatedly, so I booked it on the phone. With a bit of negotiation I still managed to get the reduced rate!
Donny

Post by Donny »

no flies on you!
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Top man Biscuitman 1978.
The legacy of a bit of shenanigans with Goals continues.

I'm a bit upset that Reading are not performing at the moment. I was hoping for a meet at Selhurst or the Majeski this season.

(I can't make tomorrow)
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

We've lost one tonight I'm afraid. Someone's let me down (I'm well hacked off after asking for 100% commitment last week), so it's me plus 3.
Which means we now have a rather awkward 9. Anyone know if we can grab another person from somewhere ?