rudeness

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Pally

rudeness

Post by Pally »

Why is it necessary to be rude when posting or commenting? Some interesting threads are rapidly ruined by this. This is a useful forum and we need to keep it that way. I have just joined but am a bit disappointed by some of the unpleasantness. Still some of the content /threads are useful, thought provoking, interesting discussions which is great
SepticSkeptic

Re: rudeness

Post by SepticSkeptic »

I have to say I'm far more concerned about the ideas and opinions that people have than their tone or the language used.
As a lurker i also quite enjoy a bit of agro between the usual suspects
Pally

Post by Pally »

Trouble is I suspect it puts some off commenting and giving opinions but I may be wrong. I think that debate can happen just as well without the unpleasantness which in some threads is unnecessarily offensive and personal
SepticSkeptic

Post by SepticSkeptic »

I agree about new users.
"Ego and aggression" thread covered the regular posters' conflicts. :wink:
Pally

Post by Pally »

Yes I saw that but some other threads since then don't suggest that things have really improved. Ah well as I said still a useful site.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I agree , rudeness never acceptable on this Forum , or anywhere else for that matter...