New cafe in Kirkdale

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
El Cid

New cafe in Kirkdale

Post by El Cid »

Has anyone been into that new cafe at the bottom of Kirkdale, the one that looks as if it's a Chinese restaurant? I haven't seen anyone in it each time I've walked past. What's more, it's opening hours appear erratic.

It seems an odd location, as not many people pass by on that stretch of pavement and Sugahill and Blue Mountain are only a stone's throw away. I could understand opening a cafe there if you were offering something different and really tasty, but, from the menu in the window, all they offer are baguettes and sandwiches with your bog standard fillings.

There's also a new off licence opened across the road. Again, another odd location, as you have the Costcutter-type place across the road, and that's always busy.
biscuitman1978

New cafe in Kirkdale

Post by biscuitman1978 »

El Cid wrote:Has anyone been into that new cafe at the bottom of Kirkdale, the one that looks as if it's a Chinese restaurant? I haven't seen anyone in it each time I've walked past. What's more, it's opening hours appear erratic.
Do you mean Wylarbo Chomp? admin mentioned it a few weeks ago in his post at https://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12483

I haven't been in yet. Anyone else?
wylarbo chomp

Re: New cafe in Kirkdale

Post by wylarbo chomp »

Good morning.
Thought I would fill you in a bit on who we are, as there seems to be some confusion.
We are a small family run business.
We offer a healthy version to every day "takeaways".
We are not a restaurant but people do have the option of sitting in if they want to.
Our shop name was made up from my children's and grand children's names jumbled up.
Our name is unique
The flower, our logo. Is for my mother who passed away.
Our menu in the window is not all that we sell.
Come try us out
I have hopefully attached a picture of our opening times.
If they seem "erratic" it's because I am a mum of 4 children. I work here on my own and I have school runs to do. But if you read our times properly you will notice that it states clear times, it also says at the bottom to ask staff on the day
wylarbo chomp

Post by wylarbo chomp »

wylarbo chomp

Post by wylarbo chomp »

You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter